Friday, July 26, 2013

Great Value Peppered Beef Jerky



Through the packet, I could see a lot of pepper on the meat. I opened the packet, and in a mad rush shoved a piece straight into my mouth. I've been saving this special 'Peppered' packet to have last. But I couldn't wait, so Im having it 3rd last. There's indeed a lot of crushed black pepper on the pieces.
Take a bite, and its soft and eeeasily tearable. Surprising! Does flavour make any difference to the texture of the dehydrated meat?? I doubt it. However, I've had a few packets of this brand.. well I must say the texture is not consistent. In the same pack, some pieces are soft, and some are damn hard.
The pepper hits the throat hard. Im Indian, so the spice is easy and lovable to me. But unexpectedly, it turned out to be sweet. How? Just the usual brown sugar? If every beef jerky is going to be sweet by default, Im going to love this thing even more!
The best part - from somewhere, somehow it tastes like my favourite mango from Kerala. How???

Taste <> <> <> <>
Texture <> <> <> <
Chewability <> <> <> <
Overall <> <> <> <>

No comments:

Post a Comment