Friday, July 12, 2013

Great Value Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky





My first "beef" jerky review. Feels  challenging.
The first taste is sweet - maybe due to the brown sugar glazing. The bite is just right. I'm unable to note the taste easily - either its too yummy or Im too hungry. I'd say the meat is a little hard. Some pieces are rather too dry and hard. Some pieces are as chewy as I like it.
The after taste is slightly peppery. The spice only hits the throat and the upper palate, not on the tongue. Its not really sweet & hot at the same time.

I kept a couple of pieces out on the table for about 10-15 mins to shoot them. They turned extremely dry and hard. It might be the dry weather in Bangalore
Some pieces are very lean, some are slightly thick.
And here's the annoying part. In every other large piece, I ended up with gristle in the mouth. So I suck out all the flavour, chew and swallow as much as I can, and spit out the remains. Real bummer! I'm guessing its the brand, because I had the same experience with 2 packets - a sweet & hot, and a teriyaki

Taste <> <> <>
Texture <> <> <
Chewability <> <>
Overall <> <> <>

No comments:

Post a Comment