Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oh Boy! Oberto - Sweet & Sour Pork Jerky



Not all that sweet. Not all that sour. Grainy as the previous pork jerky. So I guess grainyness is a pork jerky thing. Soft. Tears easily. No gristle at all, so that's good. So no difference in texture, at least within the same brand.
Overall not that great, but then it's jerky after all! The previous pork jerky (Oh Boy! Oberto BBQ Pork Jerky) was more flavoursome. Didn't feel much salt, not sure if the sodium content is lesser.

I opened the pack after about a week, and they had turned mouldy. With every packet of jerky I'm careful not to touch any meat that I'm not going to eat immediately, and I make sure I seal it air tight each time. This time I was a little negligent.
Oh Boy! Oberto claims their jerkies are All Natural - no preservatives, no additives, no artificial stuff. Which could be the reason why it went bad beyond my usual time frame of making it last, which is about 2 weeks.
Is a good thing, I just have to finish them soon!

Taste <><><>
Texture <><>
Chewability <><><><>
Overall <><><

No comments:

Post a Comment